Typically, the CSR report focuses on actions taken by the organisation to reduce its carbon footprint and what kind of legacy the company is creating for future generations. It shows how the company contributes to the well being of its employees and the community in which it operates. If companies fail to demonstrate their social commitment, they will find it challenging to remain in business and to win support from their stakeholders.
In my opinion there are five good reasons why a savvy job seeker should be interested in a company’s CSR report before the job interview:
- Understanding the corporate culture
- Employee care and engagement
- How sustainable is the business model
- Senior management commitment
- To generate a conversation topic (icebreaker)
Author: Sam Mwangi