A Bachelor of Commerce degree program is a university program that prepares you to take on a variety of managerial roles in many different types of business.
The Bachelor of Commerce degree program at Technical University of Mombasa (TUM) is based on the seven traditional management functions (planning, organizing, staffing, directing, co-ordinating, reporting and budgeting) and gives you the necessary skills and knowledge to:
- develop business strategies
- analyze issues from various perspectives
- apply classroom work to industry-connected projects
- integrate transferable skills such as interpersonal interaction, communication and organization to all classroom and project work.
In the first two years of the program, you will study introductory courses in business fundamentals such as marketing, accounting, economics and law.
In years three and four, you will take advanced courses covering all seven management functions, along with business research methods and strategic management.
The specialisation areas are:
- Transport and Logistics,
- Procurement, Management Science