BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
- University of Nairobi (UoN)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY program at University of Nairobi course details
Biomedical Technology is a course that is designed to provide a scientific avenue for training skilled personnel in laboratory science based techniques. Members of this profession are considered to be important catalysts for industrialization. They are responsible for provision of valid and reliable laboratory information on which important decisions that affect the public are based e.g. monitoring, diagnoses, therapy, and food quality and policy issues. The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, in line with University of Nairobi’s mission of producing high level manpower, has developed this programme to continue producing graduates with intellectual and practical skills for the needs of the country
and regions beyond our border.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates eligible for admission to the above degree programme in the University of Nairobi are:
1. A minimum of a C+ in KCSE with at least C (plain) in Biology or Biological Science and/any one of the following: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics or Physical Sciences, Geography.
2. Two principals and one subsidiary pass at KACE level or equivalent, one of which must be in Biology and the other in any science subject.
3. A minimum of a C– (minus) in KCSE with an ordinary diploma in Animal Health/Agriculture/Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.
4. Holders of a degree in a biological science from a recognized institution.
5. Any other qualification equivalent to any of the above, subject to approval by the Senate.
The Objectives of the University of Nairobi in offering this course are
1. To diversify training opportunities available to Laboratory Science Biomedical Technologists.
2. To enhance the absorption capacities of tertiary institutions in accommodating qualified candidates in an area relevant to national development.
3. To provide diploma and relevant certificate holders in other fields of study with an opportunity to further their education.
Mammalian Anatomy and Histology
Mammalian Anatomy and Histology
Laboratory Mgt, Entrepreneurship & Practice
Histopathology & Necropsy
Laboratory Animal Care
Nutritional Analytical Techniques
Pharmacology & Chemotherapeutics
Public Health & Epidemiology
Forensic Science and Law
Principles of Scientific Communication
Laboratory/Industrial AttachmentResearch Project
People who viewed this BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY program offered at University of Nairobi were also interested in:
- Bachelor of Technology Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Technical University of Kenya (TUK)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Bachelor of Science in Soil and Land Use Management
- University of Eldoret (UoE)
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Biotechnology
- University of Embu (Embuni)
- Bachelor of Science Biomedical Science and Technology
- Laikipia University
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT)