BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FOOD SCIENCE NUTRITION AND TECHNOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FOOD SCIENCE, NUTRITION AND TECHNOLOGY
- University of Nairobi (UoN)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FOOD SCIENCE, NUTRITION AND TECHNOLOGY program at University of Nairobi course details
Minimum Entry Requirements
1. Holders of KCSE with mean grade of C+ with passes at C+ or above in Biology or Biological Sciences, Physics and Chemistry or Physicals Sciences and Mathematics.
2. Holders of KACE or equivalent with minimum 2 Principal passes in Biology and Chemistry and at least a subsidiary pass in Mathematics or Physics.
3. Holders of Diploma or equivalent in relevant sciences from a recognized institution with passes at credit or distinction.
4. Holders of any relevant degree other than Food Science and Technology or Nutritional Sciences.
Fundamentals of Dev. And its Applications
Principles of Genetics
Statistics I: Intro. to Statistics
Principles of Crop Prod.
Principles of Resource use & Mgt
Human Nutrition & Dev.
Measurement & Control Eng.
Food Engineering Principles
Principles of Animal Nutrition
Statistics II: Analysis and Experimental Design
Food Preservation and Nutritional Quality
Food Quality Assurance
Food Marketing and Production Development
Industrial Sanitation and Waste Disposal
Food Engineering Systems
Food Fermentations and Biotechnology
Animal Feeds and Feeding
Techniques of food Analysis
Economics and Management of Food Processing
Industrial Practice for 8 weeks 4TH TERM EQ.
Meat Science and Technology
Fats and oils
Milk and Dairy Products
Root Crops Technology
Fruits and Vegetables
Tea and Coffee
Construction and Packaging Materials
People who viewed this BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FOOD SCIENCE, NUTRITION AND TECHNOLOGY program offered at University of Nairobi were also interested in:
- BSc Applied Aquatic Science
- Egerton University (EU)
- Bachelor of science degree in Mathematics
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies Community Development
- Kenyatta University (KU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy in Technology Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology
- Technical University of Kenya (TUK)
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Bachelor of Science in Mining and Mineral Processing Engineering
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)