BACHELOR OF WILDLIFE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF WILDLIFE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- University of Nairobi (UoN)
- Bachelors Degree Program
- 4 years
BACHELOR OF WILDLIFE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT program at University of Nairobi course details
The BSc. Degree in wildlife offered at the University of Nairobi is designed to produce personnel with the requisite knowledge and skills to work in wildlife, fisheries, tourism, environment and related fields. Wildlife, fisheries and tourism are key sectors in national economies. In Kenya, tourism is one of the largest foreign exchange earners while fisheries alone earns the country more than five billion shillings in foreign currency. Environmental management and conservation plays a major role in planning and sustainable development worldwide. This requirement demands adequate capacity building in both personnel and technology. The above sectors are expanding rapidly and so is the demand for the relevant skilled personnel. In recognition of this demand, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in the University of Nairobi together with Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) have teamed up to offer a hands-on, practical oriented training in these fields. The combined resources of these two institutions in terms of manpower and facilities are best placed to provide this training.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Minimum entry requirements to the University of Nairobi for a Bachelors degree in wildlife Management and Conservation
1. A minimum of a C+ in KCSE with a C (plain) in Biology or Biological Science and any one of among: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics or Physical Sciences, Geography.
2. Two principals and a subsidiary pass in KACE. One of these passes must be in Biology and the other in any science subject.
3. A minimum of a C- (minus) in KCSE with a diploma in a biological science from a recognized institution.
4. Holders of a degree in a biological science from a recognized institution.
The overall goal of the University of Nairobi in offering this course is to fill an existing gap in training of practically oriented skilled personnel to work in areas of wildlife, fisheries, tourism and environmental management and conservation and to train personnel with relevant wildlife skill
Remote Sensing & Geographical Information Systems [GIS]
Principles of Ecology
Infor. Systems and Applications
Principles of Soil Science
Survival Techn. and Field Training
Mgt. and Entrepreneurship
Principles of Biodiversity Conserv.
Wildlife Mgt. Techniques I
Conservation & Environ. Mgt
Basic Pharmacology/ Toxicology & Eco toxicology
Aetiology of Disease
Environmental Policy and Law
Wildlife Genetics & Breeding
Principles of Tourism and World Tourist Destinations
Food & Beverages Production, Sales and Service
Travel Operations & Tour Guiding
Public Relations & Marketing in Tourism
Tourism Economics & Impact Management
Field Training/Attachment Programme
Special Project Report
People who viewed this BACHELOR OF WILDLIFE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT program offered at University of Nairobi were also interested in:
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOLOGY
- University of Nairobi (UoN)
- Bachelor of Technology Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Technical University of Kenya (TUK)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Bachelor of Science in Soil and Land Use Management
- University of Eldoret (UoE)
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Biotechnology
- University of Embu (Embuni)
- Bachelor of Science Biomedical Science and Technology
- Laikipia University