- Public University
- #036 Kenyan university ranking
- Type: Public University
- Main Campus: Nairobi
- Established: 1987
- Ranking : #036
- Post-Graduate: 0 programs
- Undergraduate: 35 programs
- Diploma:0 programs
- Certificate:0 programs
- Proffessional :0 programs
About Karatina University
Karatina University Overview
Karatina University was established as a full-fledged public university
in Kenya through the award of Charter on 1st March 2013.
Karatina University offers quality
education that is in tandem with the needs and aspirations of the global
village as captured in our Vision, Mission and Core Values.
Karatina University locality is rich in Agricultural soils and endowed
with tourist attractions within the vicinity of snow-capped Mount Kenya.
The serene environment makes it an ideal place for learning.
The University has five Academic Schools namely:
- Agriculture &
- Education & Social Sciences;
Resources & Environmental Studies;
- Pure & Applied Sciences.
We have Campuses in Kagochi (Main), Nyeri town, Karatina town, Itiati, Nanyuki and Nairobi.
Karatina University Location
Situated at Kagochi, which is 15km
North off Karatina town, Nyeri County.
Why Choose Karatina University
Karatina University aims to be a University of global excellence, meeting the dynamic needs and development of society.
Karatina University History
This institution started in 2007 as Mount Kenya Campus of Moi
It had succeeded a Tea Training institute.
In 2010 it became
Karatina University College, a Constituent College of Moi University.
Finally, in 2013, Karatina University was awarded a Charter.
Karatina University contact details.
- +254 20 2176713, +254 729 721200
- view on map
Programs at Karatina University
Popular programs at Karatina University
- Bachelor of Science in Horticultural Science amp Management
- Bachelor of Education Special Needs Education-Primary Option
- Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Project Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Education Arts
- Bachelor of Science with Education
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Nutrition