The Bachelor of Business and Management (BBAM) degree program at Kisii University, is a highly innovative and flexible program that is designed to develop professional capabilities for tomorrow's managers and business leaders. Students participate in workplace learning subjects that provide real-life, practical experience and the course is designed to produce graduates who are skilled and work-ready in their selected discipline or profession.
The program as structured at Kisii University ensure that students master the fundamentals of business management and leadership, and in the process, gain insights into the major areas of global business which ensure that our students gain a competitive edge in the job market
In the third year of studies, students choose a business specialistation in any of the following seven options:
- Banking and Finance
- Cooperative Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Science
- Insurance and Risk Management
Bachelor of Business and Management - objectives
After completing the Bachelor of Business and Management (BBAM) degree program at Kisii University, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the strategic management process and an ability to assess industry attractiveness and the competitive environment.
- Explain how effective leaders use their interpersonal skills to promote change, communicate vision, provide a sense of direction, and inspire employees.
- Successfully utilize the tools and techniques of managerial accounting to make decisions about both day-to-day operations and long-term tactics and strategies.
- Utilize the tools and methodologies needed to solve marketing problems, including developing marketing plans and the use of various marketing strategies.
- Identify and analyze the pertinent concepts and theories of law, ethical issues that arise, and the principles of legal reasoning.
- Apply fundamental processes, theories, and methods to business communication in the workplace and the overall writing initiative.
- Demonstrate proficiency with English composition,including the ability to use appropriate style, grammar, and mechanics in writing assignments and to conduct academic research.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer applications and proficiency with the managerial applications of Internet technology, including the application of management principles to business-to-consumer, business-to-business, and intrabusiness commercial ventures.
- Identify and apply fundamental math concepts for operations and problem solving, and apply basic statistical concepts and tools in order to correctly interpret the results of statistical analyses.
To enroll for the Bachelor of Business and Management (BBAM) degree program at Kisii University, students are required to meet either of the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a holder of KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English/Kiswahili OR
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and subsidiary pass and a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE OR
- Be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline with a credit pass from an institution recognised by the University Senate. OR
- Be a holder of any qualification recognised by the University Senate.