Businesses now operate in rapidly evolving markets and have become increasingly dependent on Information Technology (IT). In order to be effective, organizations have realized the importance of developing an IT strategy that fully supports the business strategy.
The Bachelor of Business Information Technology (BBIT) at KeMU is designed to provide students with expertise in the development and use of computer systems for solving business problems and making managerial decisions.
Bachelor of Business Information Technology - BBIT - objectives
The Bachelor of Business Information Technology degree programme at KEMU University aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To develop a coherent and broad-based coverage of business information systems and the underlying technology to implement these systems
- To enhance confidence and the ability to critically evaluate business information requirements and develop solutions from moral, professional and academic perspectives.
- To provide students with expertise in the development and use of computer systems for solving business problems and making managerial decisions.
- To prepare the candidates for progression to higher levels of study in their fields of specialization.
A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements inorder to be enrolled into the BBIT program at KEMU university; either:
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English,
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes, and a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics at KCE,
- Be a holder of diploma or professional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognised by the University Senate.
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the KEMU Senate as equivalent to any of the above.