Graduates with solid IT skills who also understand business operations are in strong demand in industry. The Business Information Technology degree at the East African University gives you the skills you need for the practical application of computing skills to foster business growth and operations.
This Business Information Technology degree incorporates much of the Computing BSc course, but also includes business-oriented modules. The information technology component provides a sound education in all aspects of computing and information technology for students who intend to make a career in the profession. The business component provides students with the knowledge, competencies and values necessary for fulfilling an effective career in business.
Our graduates will be able to be employed in organisations that deal in e-commerce, information systems, and computer consultancy.
Bachelor of Business Information Technology - objectives
The objectives of the are:
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Business Information degree program at the East African University students should be able to:
- demonstrate a broad comprehension of the following aspects of business administration:
- Principles and practices of management
- Organizational behaviour
- Business communication
- Business information systems
- Business law and
- Quantitative methods.
- integrate these aspects of management in decision making within an organization
- analyse and design basic management information systems
- identify, evaluate, select and justify appropriate information technology applications and products for given business situations
- perform system analysis and design of an information systems for organizations
- develop security and control procedures for information systems
- identify, evaluate, select and develop decision support and knowledge management systems for organizations and
- identify and discuss ethical and international issues of business information systems.
The minimum entry requirements for the Bachelor of Business Information degree program at the East African University are:
- C+ for Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) holders;
- 5 credits for International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) holders;
- A minimum of 24 out of 45 points for International Baccalaureate (IB) holders;
- Two (2) principle passes for A-Levels qualification holders;
- C in KCSE for recognized pre-university qualification holders or recognized diploma holders with a minimum of credit C (of 2.50 on a scale of 4.00) from a recognized institution; and
- Any other equivalence as determined by the Kenya National Examination Council.