In today’s fast-paced business world, there is a wide array of opportunities for those with specific business management knowledge and skills. A bachelor’s in business management degree provides those skills and prepares candidates to meet the challenges of the global business marketplace.
The Bachelor of Business Managemet degree program at University of Kabianga provides graduates with a broad theoretical understanding of business management, as well as the practical skills to apply that knowledge effectively in a professional environment. Units that provide a comprehensive overview of marketing, management and financial principles are complemented by units that develop detailed skills in areas including sales techniques, accounting systems, customer relations and advertising and promotions.
A business management bachelor’s degree prepares students for a diverse range of careers in various industries. Graduates may pursue jobs in the following fields:
- General management
- Marketing and sales
- Hospitality management
- Small business management
- Sustainability management
- Human resources management
- Health services management
- Business information systems
Bachelor of Business Management - objectives
The Bachelor of Business Management degree program aims to teach students the following business management skills:
- Organizational skills
- Effective speaking skills
- Information and technology
- Communication skills and teamwork
- Basic business skills: understanding financial statements and interpreting and presenting business data
To enrol into the Bachelor of Business Mangement degree program at University of Kabianga, a student needs to meet either of the following minimum requirements:
- Mean grade of C+ (Plus) and at least C (Plain) in English/Kiswahili and Mathematics or Business Studies or Commerce at KCSE OR
- Two Principal passes and one Subsidiary pass at A-level plus at least a pass in Mathematics and English at O level OR
- Two year ordinary Diploma holders in a business related discipline from a recognized institution OR
- CPA/CPS or HND holders from recognized institutions may be admitted in 2nd/3rd year of study.
- CPA/CPS PART I(complete)shall be admitted into 1st year
- CICT/CM part II (complete) shall be admitted into 1st year
- CPA/CPS part II (complete) shall be admitted into 2nd year
- CICT/CM part III (complete) shall be admitted into 2nd year
- CPA/CPS part III(complete) shall be admitted into 3rd year OR
- Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Holders shall be admitted as follows:
- ACCA part I and II (complete) shall be admitted into 1st year
- ACCA part III (complete) shall be admitted into 2nd year.