The flagship programme of the school is Bachelor of Education (Arts), which is offered in various learning modes including Regular and School-Based.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To satisfy the demand for teachers at secondary school level and for trainers at tertiary institutions.
meet the need for trained manpower in Arts and Science related subjects
in research and non-governmental institutions in East Africa region.
match the need to further Education in Arts and Sciences as well as
acquiring the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes in these areas
meet the need for producing practical, knowledgeable, efficient and
competent teachers who shall contribute to the process of development in
the rural urban areas of East Africa where the schools are situated.
Teacher Service Commission Recommended Teaching Subject Combinations:
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) - Mathematics and Business Studies
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) - Mathematics and Geography
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) - Geography and History
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) - Geography and Christian Religious Education
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) - English and Literature
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) - Kiswahili and Christian Religious Education
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) - History and Christian Religious Education
- C+ for Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) holders;
- 5 credits for International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) holders;
- A minimum of 24 out of 45 points for International Baccalaureate (IB) holders;
- Two (2) principle passes for A-Levels qualification holders;
- C in KCSE for recognized pre-university qualification holders or recognized diploma holders with a minimum of credit C (of 2.50 on a scale of 4.00) from a recognized institution; and
- Any other equivalence as determined by the Kenya National Examination Council.