Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering degree programme at Technical University of Kenya has the following options:
- Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering Option
- Industrial Plant and Energy Engineering Option
- Automotive and Autotronic Engineering Option
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Option
Applicants shall be eligible for admission into the Bachelor Engineering in Mechanical Engineering degree course in the following categories:
The basic admission requirement shall be the minimum entry requirements set for entry into the public universities, which is at least an average grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
In addition, candidates are expected to have obtained at least a grade C+ in each of the cluster subjects in following cluster of subjects in KCSE examinations:
- Mathematics A
- Biology/any Group III/any Group IV/any Group V.
The KCSE subject groupings (Option A) are shown in below.
- Group I English, Kiswahili, Mathematics A
- Group II Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- Group III History & Government, Geography, Christian Religious Education, Islamic Religious Education, Hindu Religious Education
- Group IV Home Science, Art & Design, Agriculture, Woodwork, Metalwork, Building Construction, Power Mechanics, Electricity, Drawing and Design, Aviation Technology, Computer Studies
- Group V French, German, Arabic, Kenya Sign Language, Music, Business Studies
A-Levels or Equivalent
Candidates should have a minimum of two (2) principal passes in Mathematics and Physics and a subsidiary level pass in Chemistry with a credit pass in English at O-Level.
Diploma (TEP) or Equivalent
Candidates with Diploma (Technical Education Project) in Mechanical Engineering of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification.
Diploma in Technology (Dip.Tech.) or Equivalent
Candidates with a Diploma in Technology (Dip.Tech.) in Mechanical Engineering of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification.Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) or Equivalent
Candidates with a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) in Mechanical Engineering of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) or Equivalent
Candidates with a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology of Kenya Polytechnical University or an equivalent qualification.Credit Transfer and Exemptions
The common regulations governing credit transfer and exemptions of courses of Kenya Polytechnical University shall apply.