The Bachelor of Computer Science at Laikipia University caters for students with specific interests in computer science and/or information technology. It has a core of compulsory computer science courses and a wide range of electives including mathematics and statistics.
The program produces highly skilled, adaptable graduates who are able to design computer-based solutions to address information management and processing problems in industry, commerce, science, entertainment and the public sector.
Bachelor of Science Computer Science - objectives
By the time of graduation, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity
- Gain an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices
- KCSE with a mean grade of C+ and at least a B in Physics and Mathematics