The Bachelor of Science in Leadership & Management degree at Strathmore University prepares candidates to work in the areas of general management, health care management, and management of non profit organizations, public relations, public administration and related fields.
The Bachelor of Science in Leadership & Management degree at Strathmore University is designed to meet the current need for managers with broad based training and ability to lead change and development in organisations. The curriculum incorporates courses in information technology, humanities and ethics.
- Healthcare Management,
- Management of Non Profits
- Public Administration
Bachelor of Science in Leadership and Management - objectives
The Bachelor of Science in Leadership & Management degree programme at Strathmore University aims to achieve the following:
- To enhance students capability to take a leading role in the processes of contemporary organizational development and change.
- To enhance the ability to critically evaluate business and management issues and develop solutions from the moral, professional and practical perspectives.
- To instil a problem-solving attitude and business ethics in the practice of management.
- To prepare the candidates for progression to higher levels of study.
A candidate must satisfy any of the following requirements:
- KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate, minimum aggregate of C+, C in both Mathematics and English OR
- KACE certificate, 2 principal passes and 1 subsidiary pass, a credit pass in Mathematics and English at KCE.
- Diploma or professional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognised by the University.
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the Academic Council of the University as equivalent to any of the above.
- Diploma in Leadership and Management (DLM) Holders will get 2 years exemption. Other diploma holders are exempted courses at the discretion of University Academic Council.