The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (IT) at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology(JKUAT) course is intended to provide students with a wide range of software, technical and technological ICT skills required by industry.
The program is anchored on the philosophy of producing scholars and practitioners with a range of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) knowledge and skills to offer competitive leadership for the national and international market, and cultivating positive attitude towards ICT knowledge and its dynamics in a view to produce graduates capable of adapting to the changing global needs.
Bachelor of Science Information Technology - objectives
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (IT) at JKUAT is aimed at producing graduates who will:
- Provide the knowledge and skills necessary to design, build integrate and support Information Technology solutions in the Information and Computer Technology Industry.
- Use the skills obtained for self employment.
- Participate in a professional manner in the development of modern Information Technology products and services.
- Specify, design and implement computer based elements of computer systems which are technically and economically acceptable.
- Develop skills and abilities in an independent professional manner with a vie to managing their own professional business in Information Technology such as E-commerce.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (IT) at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology(JKUAT) has the following entry requirements;
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English. OR
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and subsidiary pass and a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE. OR
- Be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the University Senate. OR
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to any of the above.
- Candidates who hold a diploma from JKUAT will, at the discretion of the University Senate, be exempted from Year I. However, they must pass the three university core units in order to graduate.
- Candidates with a Diploma from other institutions recognized by the University Senate may be exempted from year one. In addition, a student registered in another University recognized by the Senate may be allowed to transfer credit to the programme.
Bachelor of Science Information Technology - course content
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (IT) at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology(JKUAT) is a 4year programme with an internal attachment in 2nd year and an industrial attachment at their 3rd year.