The diploma in Business Management at Foundation Institute of Africa equips students with broad-based practical and theoretical knowledge and skills in various Business disciplines. The programme focuses on Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Insurance, Human Resource Management and Management Science leaving students well prepared for the Kenyan dynamic market. The diploma is also a bridge to the Business management degree programme.
All applicants seeking to join the Foundation institute of Africa are required to be members of Kenya Youth Education Scholarship Fund. Applicants are therefore required to pay a membership fee of KShs. 2,500 per year and a processing fees of KShs. 1,500.
Download application form here
- The candidate must have obtained at lease a mean grade of C (plain) at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) level or Division III at Kenya Certificate of Educate (KCE) or equivalent qualification.
- The candidate must have also obtained at least C- (Minus) in mathematics and at least a (C-) (Minus) in English or Kiswahili.
- Candidates with a credit certificate in Business from institution recognized by the Academic Board and having a mean grade of D+ or equivalent in their (KCSE) are also eligible for admission.
Business Management - course content
The programme is done in three modules, each module taking 6 months.
- Principles and Practice of Marketing
- Life skills
- Principles and Practice of Selling
- Business Plan
- Communication Skills
- Marketing Management
- Legal Aspects in Sales & Marketing
- Quantitative Methods
- Public Relations,
- Sales Management
- International Marketing
- Strategic Planning in Sales & Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Planning & Control
- Financial Aspect of Marketing
- Kenya National Examination Council KNEC
- NB: KNEC examination fees will be paid by the student.