The Diploma in Business Management progrmme at Egerton University enables students to gain a clear understanding of various business disciplines (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Insurance, Human Resource Management and Management Science).
This enables them to relate to various functional areas in the organizations and appreciate the need for harmonizing the activities for various departments.
The diploma is a bridge to the degree progamme for many Kenyans who could not secure direct chance to a degree programme in Business.
It is a market driven-course which equip students with managerial knowledge and skills that enable them to respond to the changing demand patterns in the market.
A graduate who attains a credit or a distinction in the programme is eligible for credit transfer up to a maximum of 30% of total Credit Factors (CFs) in Business of Commerce degree programme.
Diploma in Business Management - objectives
This Diploma ain Business Management at Egerton University aims to:
- Equip graduate with proper managerial skills for effective management of various organizations.
- Enable graduates to effectively management resources at their disposal according to contemporary economic business management and technological trends.
- Enable graduates to carry out research with a view to finding solutions to contemporary problems affecting business management.
- Equip students with skills for careers in the public and private sector.
- Prepare students for further studies in business field.
The criteria for admission into the Diploma in Business Management at Egerton Universityare:
- The common University Admission criteria are applicable. In addition:
- The candidate must have obtained at lease a mean grade of C (plain) at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) level or Division III at Kenya Certificate of Educate (KCE) or equivalent qualification.
- The candidate must have also obtained at least C- (Minus) in mathematics and at least a (C-) (Minus) in English or Kiswahili.
- Candidates with mean grade of C (Plain) but have less that C- (Minus) in mathematics and English of Kiswahili can be admitted after bridging in the respective subjects.
- Candidates with a credit certificate in Business from institution recognized by the Academic Board and having a mean grade of D+ or equivalent in their (KCSE) are also eligible for admission.
- Holders of Accounting Technical Certificate (ATC) final level are also eligible for admission.
Diploma in Business Management - course content
This diploma in business management programme covers two (2) academic years comprisingof four (4) semesters of seventeen (17) weeks each.