Philosophy of the Programme
To produce a wholesome individual who is mentally developed in order to use the opportunities available for development of educational counseling profession and enhancement of quality life.
Expected Learning Outcomes of the Programme
In order to achieve the purpose of the programme, the graduates of this programme are expected to:
- Make a critical appraisal on theory and practice of guidance and counseling.
- Provide consultation services in guidance, counseling and training management.
- Design a comprehensive programme on the administration of guidance and counseling services.
- Provide leadership in matters related to guidance and counseling
- To provide a basis for advanced student/research in educational guidance and counseling
- Conduct research in the area of guidance and counseling.
For admission/eligibility into the above programme, a candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
- Be a holder of a Bachelor of Education and Counseling degree of KEMU or Bachelor of Education degree from any other recognized institution with a minimum GPA of 3.00 or its equivalent.
- Be a holder of Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) Second Class Honours, Upper Division with a postgraduate diploma in education from a recognized institution.
- Be a holder of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed Arts/Sciences) Second class honors (Lower Division) and at least three years of relevant work experience and evidence to carry out research work through having presented research papers or having made presentation of publications. Alternatively, be holder of Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science with a Second Class Honours(Lower Division) but with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education/Guidance and Counseling/Counseling and at least three years of relevant work experience and evidence to carry out research work through having presented research papers or having made presentation of publications.