National competitiveness in the increasingly globalized economy
requires a well educated and trained workforce.
The MSc program in
Finance and Investment aims to provide KeMU students with requisite skills in
finance and investment.
The program will expose the students to a
global perspective on investment markets; provide practical knowledge on
the processes and mechanics underlying investment and build on
students existing quantitative skills.
The program will introduce
students to relevant academic research related to management of
- Students will gain knowledge of global financial markets and the local finance and investment industry.
- Students will learn how to estimate the fair value for an
investment, to test assumptions and sensitivities and to compare
- Students will gain understanding of the role of different asset
classes, and an understanding of how portfolios of investments are
Expected Learning Outcomes of the programme
- Utilize financial instruments and methods to develop financial solutions.
- Analyze the information gathered in financial sector.
- Carry out research in finance and investments.
- Make informed decisions in financial matters.
- Analytically and quantitatively solve investment problems.
- Use financial tools in making practical and workable financial decisions