This Tourism Management diploma program offered at Jodan College of Technology introduces students to the managerial processes involved in travel business operations and destination management. Through this course, the learner will also gain skills and knowledge for best practices for sustainable tourism and will learn how to effectively organise holiday packages. The marketable course offers individuals the opportunity to pick from a wide range of opportunities in the Tourism industry.
- Holiday Representative
- Tour Manager
- Tourism consultant
- Tourism information centre manager
- Travel agency manager
- Archives Officer
Tourism Management - objectives
- Learn the best tourism management practices that would encourage sustainable tourism at all levels.
- Change mentality on the tourism industry and the best approaches for developing tourism products.
- Understand flora and fauna of a destination and the significance of special interest holidays such as eco-tourism.
- Understand the changing trends of the consumers and the best counter approaches to meet their needs and wants
- Develop skills in the analysis of concepts and practices in daily business management.
KCSE C- (minus) and above or
Tourism Management - course content
- Fundamentals of tourism
- Natural history of East Africa flora and fauna
- Tour guiding techniques
- Touristic history
- Travel operations and customer care
- Communication skills
- Foreign language I
- Information communication technology
- Entrepreneurship education
- Life skills
- Tour operations
- Travel agency
- Tourism geography
- Fundamentals of hotel operations
- Foreign language II
- Tourism accounting
- Tourism economics
- Business plan
- Principles and practices of management
- Tourism policy and planning
- Tourism product development
- Tourism marketing
- Foreign language III