The Travel Operations course at Kenya Utalii College is 1 ½ year certificate programme, designed to train Travel and Tour Consultants with operational skills to work for Travel and Tours sectors in the Tourism industry.
The course includes a 3 months industrial attachment.
Students taking this Travel Operations course at Kenya Utalii College are prepared for the IATA Diploma Foundation Level examinations.
After completion of the course, students can work in Travel Agencies, Airlines, Tour Companies, Car hire companies and any other Travel and Tourism related organizations.
KCSE Aggregate C- with
- English C- and
- Mathematics/Geography D+
any other equivalent qualification
KUC graduates of 6 months Travel Agency Techniques (TAT) course may apply provided they passed with Distinction or Credit.
Travel Operations - course content
- Introduction to Tourism
- Introduction to Tour Operations
- Travel Geography
- Introduction of Travel Operations
- Basic language I (Chinese/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Spanish)
- Business Communication
- Tourist Attractions and Facilities
- Social Aspects of Tourism
- Cultural Heritage Tourism
- General Knowledge of Flora and Fauna
- Transportation in Tourism
- Basic Information Technology
- Basic Language II (Chinese/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Spanish)
- Tour Programmes
- Leisure and Recreational Studies
- Basic Air Fares Construction
- Computer Reservations Systems
- Intermediate Language I (Chinese/French/German/ Italian/Japanese/Spanish)
- Hotel and Travel Law
- Introduction to Financial and Cost Accounting
- Environmental Studies
- Tour Administration
- Tourism Sales and Marketing
- Special Fares and Documentations
- Intermediate Language II (Chinese/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Spanish)
- Human Relations
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Industrial Attachment