This course is a combination of electrical and electronic technologies. Graduates with a certificate in electrical and electronics technology can get employment in many industries, including, IT, telecommunications, manufacturing, automotive, power, electronics and construction among others. By the end of the course, a student is able to design electrical and electronic equipment.
- Lab technicians
- Hardware engineer
- Web developer
- Network architect
- Electrical engineer
Electrical and electronic Technology power Certificate - objectives
This certificate in electrical and electronics technology (power) course equips graduates with both practical and theoretical knowledge in the field of electrical and electronics engineering. It is a two semester structured programme undertaken within an academic year and seeks to equip students with hands on skills and knowledge in the field of electrical engineering.
- Students who wish to work as electrical engineers.
- Students in a relevant engineering field or,
- Professionals currently working in relevant occupations and who wish to acquire knowledge and skills in electrical engineering.
The minimum entry requirements for the certificate in electrical and electronics technology (power) course are:
- KCSE Mean Grade D (Plain) or;
- Pass in relevant Artisan Course or;
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.
Electrical and electronic Technology power Certificate - course content
- Entrepreneurship education
- Information communication technology
- Course foundation and general information
- Technical drawing
- Mathematics I
- Applied science
- Workshop technology
- Electrical principles I
- Electrical installations technology I
- Solar installations systems
- Life skills
- Electrical principles II
- Communication skills
- Workshop organization and management
- Mathematics II
- Micro electronics
- Electrical installations technology II
- Electrical maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Electrical design estimating and tendering
- Industrial machines and controls
- Business plan
- Trade project