Computer for Schools Kenya (CFSK) Institute of ICT is a subsidiary of Computers for Schools Kenya that deals with capacity development programs.
The Institute was founded in January 2008 and admitted the first lot of students in March 2008. The Institute is located in Mihang'o, Utawala, Embakasi, off the Eastern Bypass. The Institute was established to boost social and economic growth through training, research and development in information and communication technology in Kenya.
Mission: To advance the ICT knowledge and provide market focused skills among our students/clients.
Vision: A world-class institute that nurtures innovation and talent in Technology, Research & Development.
- Respect: We respect each other and value our diversity.
- Excellence: We have high expectations for all our trainees and development partners and a commitment to high standards of service and performance.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our actions, ensuring efficient and effective use of our resources.
- Productive relationships: We achieve our objectives through productive partnerships with communities, learning institutions, development partners, and collaborative relationships at our workplace.
Why Choose CFSK Institute
The Institute is an offshoot of Computers for Schools Kenya, a branch that deals with Curriculum development, ICT related trainings and ICT examinations for primary schools, secondary schools and middle level colleges.
- We implement the Ministry of Education guidelines, enhance innovation and creativity in key technologies, and mobilize resources for strategic research projects.
- Our efforts are based on national needs and market demands and our research projects are focused on strategic issues of technological development and innovation.
- Apart from developing ICT products and services, and providing intellectual capital to the industry, the Institute collaborates with local, regional and international ICT organizations through staff and student exchanges and cooperative programs - particularly those that tackle the "digital divide" between richer and poorer countries.
- As an institution of higher learning, we adhere to the goals of top-class staff and management, outstanding achievements and efficiency, build up, innovative staff, culture, and environment, and carry out the development strategy of leaping and sustained development.
- The Institute undoubtedly lives up to the expectation of the whole nation and has made great progress in its quest to bridge the digital divide in Kenya. The convergence of computers and Information and Communication Systems (commonly known as ICT) has led to new paradigms of doing business, learning, social interactions, governance, and delivery of products & services.
Courses offered at CFSK Institute