The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a State Corporation that provides career guidance and selects students for admission to universities, national polytechnics, technical training institutes, and other accredited higher learning institutions for the Government of Kenya-sponsored programmes.
KUCCPS was established to coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to Kenyan universities and colleges; develop and implement career guidance programmes; disseminate information on available programmes; and collect and retain data relating to university and college placement, among other functions. KUCCPS is the Government of Kenya body that undertakes the selection of students for admission to higher learning institutions for Government sponsorship.
The application process through KUCCPS is the surest way of ensuring you gain admission into one of the universities or colleges in Kenya. To make your university or college application simply visit the KUCCPS online student portal, and follow the guidelines outlined below.
KUCCPS application process
To apply for a university or college program follow the following steps.
- Login to the KUCCPS student’s portal http://students.kuccps.net/. The login details are as follows;
- Username: Use your full Index Number
- Year: Enter the year in which you sat for your KCSE exams.
- Password: Enter your birth certificate number or KCPE index number.
- Select the program that you would like to pursue at either university or college level. You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the programmes tab. Before you select a program, carefully go through the requirements for each course and ensure that you meet the minimum entry requirements. Selectively apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes. To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the programme codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions. An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safe. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.