A person seeking to be registered as a student for the ATD examination must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C minus (C-).
- A kasneb technician certificate, CAMS or diploma certificate.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by kasneb.
Persons intending to take the November/December examinations must register as students not later than 15 September while those intending to take the May/June examinations must register as students not later than 15 March.
kasneb reserves the right to refuse to register any applicant who in its opinion is not fit and proper to be registered as a student. Similarly, kasneb reserves the right to cancel the registration of any student who in its opinion is not fit and proper to be a student of kasneb.
Holders of Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS) will be exempted in ATD Level I.
In addition, graduates of the other diploma qualifications of kasneb wishing to pursue ATD will be exempted in the common papers as applicable.
A candidate must attempt and pass the ATD Level I examination before proceeding to the ATD Level II examination. Similarly, a candidate must attempt and pass the ATD
Level II examination before proceeding to the ATD Level III examination.
Duration of Registration as a Student of kasneb
A registered student of the ATD Examination will be required to complete the examination within a maximum period of six years provided that the candidate shall complete:
- The ATD Level I examination by the end of the second year since registration.
- The ATD Level II examination by the end of the fourth year since registration.
- The ATD Level III examination by the end of the sixth year since registration.
- kasneb reserves the right to cancel the registration of a student who fails to complete the ATD Examination within the stipulated time. A student whose registration is cancelled under the rules in this paragraph may not be eligible for re-registration.
However, kasneb reserves the right to vary or amend the regulations.