Our Animation & Motion Graphics course is based on feedback from industry experts and covers essential skills and software, industry requirements and portfolio development. This course offers all you need to start your career as an animator, motion graphic designer or concept artist.
The Animation & Motion Graphics course revolves around current industry practices and is taught by a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals using software packages such as Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Dreamweaver. You will gain hands-on experience in areas such as animation (2D and 3D) and motion graphic design, using industry-standard computer systems.
Facilities at ADMI
At ADMI, we provide you with access to three well equipped computer labs with Macs and PCs.
We have invested in cutting edge industry standard software to ensure that you learn using the latest technology in the world. We have invested in the following software:
- Adobe After effects
- Auto Desk – Maya
- Auto Desk – 3D max
As an Animation & Motion Graphics student at ADMI, you gain a competitive edge over your peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
- Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
- Rich Media Communications using Adobe Animate®
- Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
ADMI instructors prepare students to successfully pass these exams through a project-based curriculum that leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications.
COURSE SCHEDULE: The course will course will run for 5 semesters.
CREDITS: 24 contact hours per unit and an average of 7 units per semester.
Animation and Motion Graphics - objectives
This Animation and Motion Graphics diploma program will provide you with the appropriate skills required to start your career as an animator, motion graphic designer or concept artist.
By the end of the program, you will have the ability to:
- Create 2D and 3D characters and environments that reflect the integration of graphic clarity, design
- Principles, performance principles, and theoretical constructs
- Create an animated film incorporating a range of artistic styles and techniques
- Generate work that reflects initiative, creativity, adaptability, and personal style
- Incorporate technology effectively in the development of animation projects.
- Integrate the concepts, principles, and theories involved in the physics of animation in all aspects of drawing.
- Design layouts and backgrounds that incorporate principles of composition, perspective, and color, with speed, accuracy, and dexterity, using a variety of media
- Communicate ideas, emotion, and intent effectively in visual, oral and written forms
- Create an animation that incorporates the basic principles of constructive anatomy and drawing using an economy of expression
- KCSE C- or above, with a C- or above in Kiswahili, English, Mathematics and at least one science subject OR
- A-levels with 2 principal passes.
- Basic computer proficiency is required.
Animation and Motion Graphics - course content
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Video Editing (Adobe Premiere)
- Introduction to Scriptwriting
- Introduction to Animation
- Career Launchpad
- Character Animation 1
- Introduction to Modelling
- Introduction to Materials
- Introduction to Lighting
- Introduction to Rendering
- Fundamentals of Motion Graphics
- Digital Illustration
- Career Launchpad
- Character Animation 2
- Pre Production Animatics
- Sound for Animation
- Advanced Motion Graphics
- Introduction to Character Modelling (Maya)
- Intermediate Texturing & Rendering
- Introduction to 2D Animation
- 3D Lighting
- Introduction to Mudbox
- Introduction to Character Rigging
- Compositing (After Effects)
- Advanced Texturing
- Advanced 2D Animation
- Character Animation 3
- Architecture Visualization (3D Max)
- Advanced 3D Lighting, Texturing & Rendering
- Character Animation 4
- Advanced Character Rigging
- Special Effects
- Professional Portfolios
- Career Launchpad