The Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies at Catholic University of Eastern Africa seeks to: 1.
The Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies at Catholic University of Eastern Africa seeks to:
1. Equip students with adequate knowledge and skills to enable them to teach religious studies at Secondary and College levels.
2. Equip students with principles and tools that will enable them to continue reading and researching on their own, even after graduation.
3. Form students who can articulate the knowledge acquired and be positive participants in matters of religious and human development.
4. Form students with strong religious convictions who will act as conscience of the society during and within its transformative process.
5. Prepare students to appreciate the African culture and thus speak from the African phenomenological point of view in evaluating other religious beliefs, systems and values.
6. Equip students with skils to enable them cope with challenging life situations in a religiously, socially, morally and politically changing society.
To be accepted for the Bachelors of Arts in Religious Studies programme at CUEA, a candidate requires:
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+, with a minimum of grade C in either Christian Religious Education od Hindu Religious Education or equivalent.
Be a holder of Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (or equivalent education) with a minimum of two principal passes and one subsidiary pass
Be a holder of a diploma or proffessional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to any of the above.
Depending on the prospective students qualifications the Bacheor of Arts in Social Sciences (Anthropology) at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa can be either a four year programme, three year programm or a two year programme.