A person seeking to be registered as a student for the CIFA examination must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following qualifications
- Secondary education (O level) certificate with an aggregate average of at least grade C+ (or equivalent) provided the applicant has obtained a minimum of grade C+ (or equivalent) in both English and Mathematics.
- Advanced education (A level) certificate with at least two principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at secondary education level
- kasneb technician or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognised University.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by the Board of kasneb
Persons intending to take the November/December examinations must register as students not later than the 15 September while those intending to take the May/June examinations must register as students not later than 15 March.
kasneb reserves the right to refuse to register any applicant who in its opinion is not fit and proper to be registered as a student. Similarly, kasneb reserves the right to cancel the registration of any student who in its opinion is not fit and proper to be a student
Exemptions may, on application, be granted to registered students who are holders of certain degrees and diplomas recognised by kasneb. Exemptions will be granted on a paper by paper basis.