Diploma in Counseling focuses on providing therapeutic treatments to people who are experiencing undesired symptoms of emotional, social, educational, health, vocational, organizational or developmental nature.
The need for professional counselors in our present society cannot be underestimated. Parents, Teachers, Pastors, community leaders and anyone else who is serving people in the society in any capacity needs to learn how to transform people’s lives through this course.
As a way of encouraging our students to study effectively, Bridgeworld College offers the following categories of scholarships:
- Loving Scholarship
- Spouse Scholarship
- Labor/Missionary/Unreached people group Scholarship
- Partners Scholarship
- Hope School Scholarship
- Academic Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- Staff Scholarship
Scholarships are granted to needy students on application
Some scholarships are granted on recommendation from Church and relevant local authorities.
Christian Ministry Counseling Psychology - objectives
This Christain Ministry Counselling diploma program aims at producing competent practitioners who will provide guidance to the youth and be able to help them deal in the challenges of growing up.
By the end of this course, the trainee should be able to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills that will enable them to identify and offer guidance and counseling in the learning institutions.
- Acquire knowledge on diverse areas that affect learners in learning institutions e.g. substance abuse, sociology of the family, youth and sexuality, HIV/AIDS etc
- To set up a functional Guidance and Counseling Department in a learning institution
- Generate new knowledge by conducting a research study in an area of interest related to the school/college set up
- Offer guidance and counseling services to learners with diverse needs in learning institutions. (Schools and colleges)
- Understand the ethical considerations in counseling and incorporate it in their practice
- KCSE C– or or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
- Certificate in Community development, Social development, Social work, Community Health, Counseling and Psychology.
- Course open to Beginners, Development workers, Social workers, Project managers and Fresh students
Christian Ministry Counseling Psychology - course content
- Communication skills & ICT
- Personal Development.
- Guidance practice in Educational Settings.
- Theories of Counselling
- Counselling process & practice
- Research methods
- Theories of human growth
- Group counseling
- Professional studies
- Sociology of family
- Theories of career development.
- Health psychology
- Personality theories
- Abnormal behaviour & modification.
- Student Personnel services
- Substance abuse counselling
- Child and adolescent issues
- Project in an Educational set up
- Practicum in an Educational set up