Africa Digital Media Institute's (ADMI’s) Graphic Design Certificate programs are ideal for professionals interested in learning or acquiring graphic design certification from Adobe. Professionals can choose any of our five units or at 3 levels which are designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced designers and focus on specific design techniques and software. ADMI’s unique curriculum leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications enabling students to graduate the program with impressive portfolios along with an added Adobe Certified Associate credential recognized by employers around the world.
CHOOSE FROM FIVE GRAPHIC DESIGN UNITS.
Professionals seeking to develop advanced graphic design skills can choose from any of the following or levels of graphic design units.
Illustrator – Graphic Design & Illustration
Photoshop – Visual Communications
Indesign – Print & Digital Media Publication and Branding for the 21st Century
Dreamweaver – Web Design
Adobe Premier Pro/After Effects – Video Editing/Interactive Media
Benefits of studying at ADMI
As an ADMI student, you will gain a competitive edge over your peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
- Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
- Print & Digital Media Publication using Adobe InDesign®
- Web Communications using Adobe Dreamweaver®
- Video Editing using Adobe Premier Pro®
At ADMI we believe in equipping you with industry-relevant skills right from the start. We understand that you might be required to work on different platforms so we have invested in the two most common platforms i.e Mac and Windows.
To guarantee quality we have invested in top of the range facilities including:
- Three computer labs with Macs and PCs
- 1:1 computer ratio
- Industry standard software like Adobe
- Wacom tablets
All computers are installed with the Adobe suite and you will get certified by Adobe at the end of the course.
Due to the limited spaces, we encourage you to apply early as we can only guarantee a space for those that have fully enrolled.
Companies and organization require artist to effectively visually portray their brand essence, values and identity through their logos, packaging, advertising and several other mediums. Therefore, your role as a graphic designer is critical in depicting your client’s core message to their audience.
As a graphic designer you will produce designs that get your clients’ messages across with high visual impact. You work on variety of products, including websites, packaging, books and magazines, corporate identity advertising, exhibitions and displays, and computer games.
Most graphic design work is now done on computer using specialized industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages.
As a graphic designer you will spend your day:
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Present the design to clients or the art director
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
As a graduates from this program you will dive into well-paying jobs such as:
- Graphic design
- Web development
- Art directing
- Marketing specialists
- Software application development
- Marketing management
- Creative directing
Course schedule: Available every semester on part-time evening and Saturday