Nature Interpretation and Tour Administration program is for individuals who are passionate about the natural environment and enjoy sharing that passion with others.
Trainees are taught skills that are needed to function as tourism interpretation officers. This skills include:
- Ability to teach visitors of all ages about nature and the significance of the cultural heritage sites in museums, national parks and other areas of interest.
- Raise awareness and promote an understanding of the environment to different audiences such as schools, colleges, businesses, community groups and the general public.
- Give presentations, run workshops, conduct guided walks and tours, work on local environmental conservation projects, produce and distribute learning materials for students as well as managing budgets and supervising staff.
- Prepare plans, reports, press releases and educational material.
- Liaise with schools, businesses, community groups, and other local organisations.
- Organise school visits.
- Manage budgets and allocate funding
- Supervise and train staff/volunteers
Interested candidates are requested to send their filled application forms including copies of academic certificates, testimonials where applicable, and copies of national ID/passport or birth certificate.