This ICM diploma in Tourism and Business studies programme designed for students who wish to learn more about the hospitality and travel industry, while developing their business and management skills.
Hospitality and Tourism is the fastest growing industry in the world and the second-largest employer in Kenya, providing jobs that are remunerative, interesting, and extremely fulfilling. If you're looking for a way to channel your interests and strengths into a dream job that will never feel like work, then this might be the right path for you.
This diploma will provide you with the confidence, industry-knowledge and hands-on experience you need to jump-start your career and ensure you're well prepared for entry-level positions within this competitive and ever-expanding sector.
Career opportunities exist for graduates of this course in tour and travel companies, national parks, museums, cultural centers, hotel and lodges where they may be employed as tour officers, tour guides, reservationists, naturalist, tour leaders, on-site guides and eventually as tour managers and reservation managers, all over the world.
At the end of this programme, students will:
- Be equipped with outstanding operational and managerial skills in the industry.
- Have the necessary knowledge and management skills that will enable productivity within hospitality organisations.
- Be able to analyse the local and global tourism market economically to become productive mangers in fund allocation.
- Know how to apply critical thinking skills and develop problem-solving and decision-making techniques to meet the needs of the ever-demanding and ever-changing industry.
- Understand how to design and implement tourism management ideas that enhance organisational performance.
- KCSE D+ (plus)
- ICM certificate in Travel and Tourism
Tourism andBusiness studies - course content
- Structure of travel and tourism
- Characteristic of world destinations
- Fundamentals of hotel and catering industry.
- Retail travel Operation
- Numeracy and statistics
- Business management and administration
- Tour operations
- Tourism and marketing promotion
- Management of travel and tourism operation.
- Touristic Geography
- Foreign language: German / French
- Environmental studies
- Introduction to computers
- Course project
- Touristic history
- Economics for Business.
- Hospitality Management.
- Management Theory and Practice.
- Tourism and Environment.
- Travel and Tourism Development