This refrigeration and air-conditioning certificate program trains students to design, install and maintain cooling systems in buildings like supermarkets, offices, schools, hospitals and food processing plants.
Upon graduating with an NVCET certificate in refirgertaion and air conditioning, the trainees will be able to:
- survey buildings where cooling systems are to be fitted
- discuss requirements with customers
- prepare quotes for work
- design and install systems
- run quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely
- diagnose and fix faults
- plan maintenance
Graduates of this program could cover one of two broad areas:
- Refrigeration designing, installing and maintaining cooling systems in places like supermarkets, restaurants, hospitals, food processing plants and factories
- Air-conditioning – installing and servicing systems that control air quality, temperature and humidity inside offices, schools, leisure complexes and other modern buildings
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Plant option)
The Minimum Entry Requirements are:
- KCPE Certificate, or;
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC.
The duration for the course is 2 years which includes a compulsory industrial attachment.
Colleges offering Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology Artisan Certificate course