The water technology program has been developed on a competency-based approach so that the trainee is able to acquire skills, knowledge, and attitudes that are required to operate as a water technician in the construction industry.
Upon completion of the entire programme, the trainee should be able to:
- Apply skills required in problem solving involving collection and analyses of data, and implementation of solutions accurately and efficiently in the water sector.
- Apply skills required in management of the environment and water resources and their related tasks.
- Identify aquifer formations for groundwater assessment survey.
- Understand the principles of planning and design of the water supply, wastewater and irrigation and drainage system.
- Sink and equip boreholes for groundwater abstractions.
- Construct and install water supply, wastewater and irrigation and drainage systems.
- Apply skills required in management and operation and maintenances of the components within the water supply, wastewater, solid waste and irrigation and drainage systems.
- Communicate effectively on matters related to the job and the environment.
- Water Technician in
- Construction Industry and
- water companies,
- Instructor in Vocational Training Centres
- Diploma in Water Technology