Examination bodies are organizations that are responsible for administering both preliminary and professional training.
In Kenya, examination bodies are monitored and regulated by the Ministry of Education and are legally mandated to work with and assist foreign boards to administer their examinations in Kenya through the Act Cap 225A.
Examination bodies in Kenya are mandated to:
- Develop appropriate syllabus
- Accredit training institutions
- Provide quality assurance
- Set examinations
- Mark examinations
- Distribute exam results
- Promote qualifications nationally and internationally
If a Professional body or professional association wishes to be involved in education and training leading to an award of qualifications in Kenya, it needs to co-operate with the relevant External Quality Assurance agencies (ETQA) such as:
- Commission for University Education (CUE); for University education.
- Educational Standards and Quality Assurance Council (ESQAC); for Basic Education.
- Technical and Vocational Education Training Authority (TVETA); for TVET level training.