This IATA International Air Cargo Management diploma will give you a well-rounded introduction to today’s complex air cargo industry, helping you get a head start in your career at an airline, freight forwarder or ground handling company.
You will learn about the key stakeholders in the air cargo supply chain, how they operate, and the skill sets you to need to stand out as a desirable candidate
IATA Cargo and Logistics training have an unparalleled track record in helping thousands of air cargo professionals stay at the top of their game. We offer the industry’s most dynamic and innovative training solutions for every aspect of the supply chain, including strategy, business planning, and development, management and optimization, business intelligence, operations, and handling.
- Airline Cargo Agents
- General Cargo Reservation and Acceptance staff
- Clearing and Forwarding officers of Shipping Companies
- Air traffic Control Officers
- Ground handling officers
- Airline marketing officers
- Non-government organizations
International Air Cargo Managment Diploma - objectives
This IATA International Air Cargo Management diploma aims to train highly qualified personnel who will meet the international Airport standards and regulations for the growing Freight and Forwarding Industry as well as the Airline industry.
This is to ensure efficiency safety and security of the airport and cargo transportation as per the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the International Federation of Freight Forwarders (FIATA).
- Minimum O-level Mean Grade is C- (Minus) or equivalent
- Passion for Customer Service
- Proficiency in use of IT
- Interpersonal skills
International Air Cargo Managment Diploma - course content
- Cargo Advanced Rating and Marketing
- Cargo Introductory Course
- Cargo Supply Chain and Transport Modes
- Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – Initial
- Aviation Security
- Airside Safety
- Practical "On-The-Job" Training
International Airport Operations
- Understanding the Airport & its challenges.
- Airport Security.
- The Future of Airports.
- Flight Dispatch.
- Principles of Navigation.
- Meteorology & Radiotelephony.
- Weight and Balance and Air Law.
- Human Factors.
International Cargo Introductory
- The Air Cargo Agency Industry Regulations.
- Air Cargo acceptance & Handling Facilities.
- The Aircraft Loading Principle and Booking Procedures.
- Air Cargo Rates and Charges.
International Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Applicability and Limitations of dangerous goods regulations.
- Classifications and identification of dangerous goods.
- Marking, labeling & Packing of dangerous goods.
- Shipping of radioactive Material.
- International Cargo Rating.
International Cargo Rating
- Review of the basic Air Cargo rating principle.
- Construction rates (Add on Amounts) & currency regulations.
- Combination of rates and charges & unit load devices.
- Mixed consignments.
Ground Operations Management
- Roles and Duties of a Station Manager.
- Airline/ Airport Security.
- Fraud Prevention
- Baggage Handling Management
- People Management
International Airline Marketing
- Market segmentation & Research.
- Aircraft operating costs and profitability.
- The promotional Mix.
- Distributing and Marketing Planning.
- Marketing Effectiveness audit.
- Airline Pricings.
Colleges offering International Air Cargo Managment Diploma course